Al-Anon Information Services
PO Box 98557
Lakewood, WA 98496-8557
Does someone you love have a drinking problem?
Alateens run the meetings.
An Al-Anon sponsor helps us if we ask.
Alateen isn't religious.
No one gives advice. When someone is going through a hard time, we listen.
We learn we are not the cause of anyone's drinking, or their erratic behavior.
Alateen works better than trying to do it alone.
Alcoholism is called a 'family disease' because trouble caused by someone else's drinking affects everyone in the family.
Alateens learn to separate from the alcoholic's behavior. When we stop reacting to what the alcoholic says and does things start to change.
We don't keep secrets; being able to talk about life at home helps us get rid of the anger and confusion drinking causes.
Tuesday Night Survivors AFG
Tuesday, 7:30 pm
Teens are also welcome at any Al-Anon meeting
Guidelines for Alateen Chat Meetings
Open to teens (ages 13-18) affected by someone else's drinking - this may be a friend, parent, or other family member.
You must register your screen name at least 2 days before your first meeting.
Once registered, teens can attend all chat meetings on the site.
All Alateen chat meetings are moderated by trained Al-Anon sponsors.
Chats aren't available for mobile devices at this time.
Alateen members agree to these safety requirements during the chat:
1. Ages 13 to 18 only.
2. No bullying or discrimination.
3. No swearing, rudeness, or comments of a sexual nature.
4. No information about personal identity can be shared.
5. Don’t ask other members for contact information.
6. No discussion of personal use of alcohol, drugs, or other illegal substances.
7. 'What we say here, and who we see here, stays here.' Keep chats confidential.